Welcome to KCACTF
Region 1 / Festival 50
Western Connecticut State University
January 30th - February 4th, 2018
Light Design Exhibition Concentration Procedures
- Only bona fide students are eligible for this award. For the purposes of this award a bona fide student is one who, during the period of initial screening, is: registered as a full-time undergraduate student; registered as a full-time graduate student; a continuing part time student enrolled in a regular degree or certificate program. Student (or school representative) must complete a Festival Registration Form and a Project Registration Form to participate.
- Festival Registration: Each student must be registered (either by the student or their school) for the regional festival to participate. Form found at: Festival Registration
- Project Registration:
- National design Any student may take part in the national KCACTF Awards for Theatrical Design Excellence and the KCACTF Allied Design and Technologies Award, as long as their school has entered at least one associate or participating entry during the festival year. All entries must have been realized and produced at their home institution. Participants must attend their regional festival, and display their supporting materials and documentation.
- Regional only include paper projects or projects that are not being considered for the National Awards. Regional awards are available for these entries. Entries should inform us of their participation by filing the form found at: Design Tech Regional Entry Form
What your presentation should include
Designers should present their designs as professionally as possible. You should be prepared to give a brief verbal overview of your design that will last no longer than two to three minutes maximum. You must leave time for the respondents to comment and time is limited. The visual or audio presentation should be self explanatory and should include:
- your name
- your design area and name of show but do not include the name of your school
- a brief summary of the design concept (what did you try to accomplish)
- selected important research
- include materials that are appropriate to your design such as:
- production photographs
- appropriate paperwork like costume plots, sketches, research, etc.
- actual costumes or pieces (dress forms not provided. You must bring your own.)
- other material that you feel helps explain your approach and product
You will be given part of a table space, approximately 30 inches deep by 36 inches wide for your display. Have a self standing board to display items and pin pictures on. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to attach artwork to the hotel walls.
Include everything you will need to display:
- extension cords
- dress forms
- pins, tapes, stands, etc.
For more information contact the Design and Technology Co Chair Daniel Kozar.
More information on the National KCACTF Awards for Theatrical Design Excellence and the Allied Design and Technology Awards available at www.kcactf.org/