Each year the KCACTF Region I Festival brings students and faculty together at the end of January to see some of the areas strongest productions, participate in workshops, participate in a variety of areas in theatrical performance, design and production and to celebrate theater in general.?
There are many ways to be involved in KCACTF. Become involved, Share your skills, talents and abilities. Take on some leadership. Help make the organization better and stronger! This organization is your organization.
We are currently seeking:
Selection Committee Members
Additional board members
Network with people who share your interests.
Audition/interview for colleges, summer or professional work.
See new theater technology.
Learn about opportunities other than acting or design such as writing, dramaturgy, criticism and stage management.
Learn new skills and share ideas on theatrical and educational practices.
See exciting new plays.
Polish your professional skills.
Develop your personal artistic process.
Or just have a great time.
The showcase returns to the festival with the possibility of 6 different scenes performed by the faculty in Region 1.
Faculty can select partners from their own college or university to make rehearsing a scene that much easier. The two-person scenes will operate under a time limit so a program doesn't go too long. The Faculty Showcase will be an event following an evening production. Time suggestion below.
• After committing to the event the faculty select a partner and a scene from anything they want to play
• Then return name of partner, school represented and a copy of the scene with 'start' to 'finish' clearly marked and send it to David Allen George
• The scene will then get an 'ok' or 'not' if there are duplications or the scene looks too complicated with properties and dressing or costuming.
• Note that we hope to handle the scenes so a set-up and strike of 'stuff' isn't necessary...just like the Irene Ryan auditions.
Participants must be really memorized, blocked and rehearsed.
• David Allen George will host the event and hopes to also participate
Interested parties need to contact Professor David Allen George (Showcase Coordinator) at Salem State University Theatre by calling 978-542-6465 or faxing 978-542-6291 or e-mailing to dgeorge @salemstate.edu
Follow us on FaceBook, MySpace and Twitter and stay in touch with the latest news and events.
To Our Sponsors
Advanced Lighting and Production Services
65 Teed Drive
Randolph, MA 02368
Phone: (781) 961-3066
Toll Free: (866) 961-3066
Fax: (781) 961-3256
Ed Hyatt, LC firstname.lastname@example.org www.bigconnect.com
Focal Press publishes the best Theatre books covering Acting, Costume, Makeup, Lighting, Sets, Drawing, Rendering, Worship Technology, Scenic Art and much more. Our books are written by creative experts for creative people. www.focalpress.com/
The New England Section of the United States Institute for Theatre